- Camera kit essentials for travelling
Learn how to photograph:
- Landscape – get off the tourist trail!
- Wildlife – Don’t be afraid to isolate features of the subject, zoom in!
- Street – Night photography, alley way, shop fronts and street lights
- People – Respecting your subject and getting consent
- Architecture – Perspective, composition, balance and tone
- Macro – Small plants, insects and reptiles
ABOUT THE LECTURER
Over the last 40 years Stan Davies has been actively involved in many forms of photography; weddings, portraits, sports, landscapes and wildlife. Nothing is more challenging and satisfying than travelling to other cultures and cities to record their way of life. Over the past decade Stan has travelled widely to many exotic destinations photographing the way of life and capturing stunning landscapes.
He has written travel articles on Venice, Budapest, Prague, Kangaroo island, Murchison, Kalgoorlie and Africa. In recent times he has run workshops for Nikon. With so many travel adventures, Stan has become an advocate of the new generation Mirrorless Cameras as they are lighter and conspicuous making them ideal for street photography. Stan’s work can be seen on Flickr, Instagram and Facebook.