This course is designed for those who own a mobile device (either Apple or Android) and would like to get the most out of their phone while traveling, documenting or just to appreciate special moments in everyday life.
You will learn just how broad your camera’s capabilities are and be introduced to some of the best free and purchased apps to assist in developing your photography.
You will also look at how to not only take images more effectively, but what you can do with them.
The future of mobile device photography is exciting and with upgrades to newer iPhones and Android devices and apps, camera phones are becoming extremely dynamic.
This workshop is held on a weekend.
EQUIPMENT AND PREREQUISITES
- Your phone
- Phone charger
- A selection of images to work with
- The benefits of mobile devices
- Current trends
- The capabilities of the Apple and Android
- Learn the limitations of mobile photography
- Exploring the camera’s settings
- What are the best photo editing apps?
- Composition – taking great photos with your phone
- The distribution and sharing of your photos – online, with friends and social media.
- Printing your images – what to consider
- Image file storage: iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, hard drives etc.
- Accessories (photo and video) for your mobile device
- Practical exercise
- Resources: inspirational photographers, Instagram accounts, Tumblr etc.
ABOUT THE LECTURER
Kingsley’s dedication to photography began when he was serving in the Navy, during the first Gulf War. Many of his images were used by Defence and he realised the importance of photography as historical record.
In 2006, he opened PhotoCoffee, a lounge outlet where he worked with dedicated staff to deliver excellence in both photography and coffee. Kingsley and his team shot weddings, natural portraiture, commercial assignments and local Rockingham imagery.
Kingsley has spent more than fifteen years in the teaching arena, is a past president of the WAPF (West Australian Photographic Society), a fully accredited AIPP member and currently teaches workshops for Nikon.
We reserve the right to alter or cancel any workshop at any time. Sometimes for reasons including, but not limited to, too few participants, adverse weather, instructor illness, logistical problems or any other circumstances, which may make operation of the workshop inadvisable. If any workshop has to be cancelled by us, then all fees are refunded in full or you may choose another date or workshop.