This course will help expand your knowledge and confidence in using artificial lighting (speedlight/strobe) into your photography. The workshop will focus on lighting people (portraits), but will enable you to apply the skill throughout all areas of your photography.
A variety of lighting techniques will be discussed and demonstrated with the emphasis on understanding the three main aspects of light: direction, quality, and depth. Step-by-step instruction is covered in setting up the lights and choosing the correct light modifiers: bare heads, umbrellas, soft boxes, etc.
Working with a professional model, in the practical portion of the workshop, all students will have the opportunity to test the theory and capture wonderfully lit portraits.
- Understand the different types of lights (flash) and their relationship with light modifiers, from camera flash to studio strobes.
- Develop the skill and confidence to use off-camera flash to enhance portraiture.
- Learn simple lighting techniques that can be used in a multitude of situations.
- Understand the relationship between ambient light & artificial light and how to combine both.
- Develop knowledge about the different types of flash, how and when to use them.
- Understand positioning of light in relationship to your camera and the subject.
This workshop is designed for intermediate to advanced photographers.